Paypal Basic is for individuals who run a shop online. Their personal information will be used for transactions and payments. Sign up for your Paypal account here.
Click on Payments from your admin dashboard.
- Under PayPal, click Configure.
- Under Currency Information, select the currency you wish to accept for your orders. Hold Ctrl to select multiple acceptance currencies. Customers can change the currency they want for product display and checkout at the top right corner. The settings of Display Currencies are explained here. Shoppers can check out using any of the currencies that have been selected as Acceptance Currency. If the currency is not selected as Acceptance Currency but is in the list of Display Currencies, the checkout will display the product in the default currency. If a currency is selected as Acceptance Currency but is not in the list of Display Currencies, the customers will not be able to select the currency they want and check out their order.
- Under PayPal Basic Settings, key in your email and click Save
Paypal Business is highly recommended for merchants who operate under a company or a group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups.
Paypal Business saves you a lot of time and trouble in case of a refund. Without Paypal Business, you will have to log on to their Paypal account to refund the money to the customer and manually update the status on the Dashboard to keep track of the payments. On the other hand, with Paypal Business, the refund will be processed automatically when you change the status of the order to Refunded on the dashboard under Orders.
More special features will be available to Paypal Business account holders soon.
- To configure your PayPal Business account, you will continue to the next section and fill in information under Paypal Advanced Settings. You will need to enter your PayPal API Username, Password and Signature.
- To find your PayPal API Username, Password and Signature, log on to your PayPal Business account, click on Profile, followed by My Selling Tools from the column on the left of the page (as shown below).
- Under My Selling Tools, select API Access by clicking Update.
- If you do not already have an API Signature, request for one through Option 2. You will be directed to the page below. Select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit.If you already have an API Signature, click View API Signature to view your existing API Signature.
Click Show to see your API Username, Password, and Signature.
- Proceed back to your TackThis Dashboard and configure your API Signature to your account for PayPal Business.
- Enter a personalized Email Note that you wish to convey to your customers. This email note will appear in your customer’s order confirmation email.
- Click Save.
Refunds via Paypal Basic
Refunds via PayPal Business
After you have synced your PayPal Business Account to TackThis, you can perform refunds for an order directly on your TackThis Dashboard.
Click on Orders from your admin dashboard.
- Click on the purple edit icon on the specific order that you need to perform the refund on.
- Under New Status, choose between Refunded or Refunded (Partially). Once Refunded is selected, an email notification will be sent to the customer’s email and the amount will be refunded to the customer automatically.The customer’s account information will be recorded on Paypal when they check out. If they pay using credit card or Paypal, the amount can be refunded instantly. Do note that if you don’t have enough in your Paypal balance, the refund transaction will fail. If Refunded (Partially) is selected, a text box will appear so that you can key in the amount you wish to refund to the customer.